Data Warehouse & Business Intelligence Portal
Business intelligence is the computer-based techniques used in identifying, extracting and analyzing business data, such as sales revenue by products and/or departments, or by associated costs and incomes.BI technologies provide historical, current and predictive views of business operations. Common functions of business intelligence technologies are reporting, online analytical processing, analytics, data mining, process mining, business performance management, benchmarking, and text mining and predictive analytics.
Business Intelligence can be applied to the following business purposes in order to drive business value:
- Measurement – program that creates a hierarchy of Performance metrics and Benchmarking that informs business leaders about progress towards business goals
- Analytics – program that builds quantitative processes for a business to arrive at optimal decisions and to perform business knowledge discovery. It frequently involves: data mining, process mining, statistical analysis, Predictive analytics, Predictive modeling, Business process modeling
- Enterprise Reporting – program that builds infrastructure for Strategic Reporting to serve the Strategic management of a business, NOT Operational Reporting. It involves: Data visualization, Executive information system, OLAP
- Collaboration platform – program that gets different areas (both inside and outside the business) to work together through Data sharing and Electronic Data Interchange.
- Knowledge Management – program to make the company data driven through strategies and practices to identify, create, represent, distribute, and enable adoption of insights and experiences that are true business knowledge. Knowledge Management leads to Learning Management and Regulatory compliance/Compliance